Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Uncrossing Ritual & Catfish Undine





That's a picture of my batch of uncrossing bath mix. I'll give the ingredients further down. I had been making the first progress of my life, after an especially horrid 3 years. I knew of uncrossing, but when a friend, Jon, mentioned it to me and shared a link to an uncrossing ritual, I decided to go about my own, borrowing from here and there, using what I had.

I made the above jar. I took a bath for 2 nights in a row and then got sick. I then got sicker. I went to the local Minute Clinic, spent several hundred dollars for 20 antibiotic pills and then I went to the dentist. That's a whole other story. Basically though, I began to take care of some stuff I had been neglecting. I stopped drinking caffeine. I bought a Ninja blender. I'm drinking fruits and vegetables during the day and eating fish and rice at night. I'm beginning to feel good again. I even plan to start exercising via body weight training. So....

I begin the uncrossing ritual I began but never finished. I had planned to go 7 days. I bought some uncrossing incense, altar candles and oils. The first night I burned a white candle dressed in Van Van oil during my bath. I got out feeling fantastically refreshed. I missed the next night - I forget why - I think I had an early appointment and was just tired. So....

Today I had acquired some uncrossing oil. I lit the uncrossing incense and dressed the same white altar candle with the oil. I poured my bath and added the uncrossing mix. This time I got the water really freaking hot. I laid there thinking about this and that. Since adjusting my diet I've had a lot more energy. I actually look for stuff to do instead of places to sit. There's a lot to do. Eventually my mind quietened a bit. I looked up at the tile, steam rising from the water. I saw a face. Cat. Fish. Catfish. Perhaps an Undine. Then it blinked out. I didn't see it, but my eyes went to where I felt it go. A painting. I literally instantly began to tear up. From that strange position laying in the bathtub, that painting is most noticeable. I hadn't thought about it in a long time. I hadn't wanted to think about it. It was a painting I had asked my ex wife to paint when she was my wife. I asked her to paint the sea. She placed a small boat with two people fishing upon the sea. 




Not the painting - this is from Zelda.... :p

For almost 4 years I've been burying the feelings around what happened with my marriage. I used 3 relationships and a fortune in alcohol afterwords to try to forget. Over 2 years passed before I even had the will to change our bedroom. Anyway, all those old feelings flooded me. I knew I had to get rid of the painting - send it to her - bury it - something. I looked back up at the tiles on the bath. I saw that face again. And then it changed to an alien face. An alien face that I knew. Immediately my mind went to another painting I had asked my wife to do of my first short-story. A science fiction piece. It had been stuck somewhere in my library room, long out of mind and sight. I knew I had to get rid of it too. 

Tears running down my face I looked back at the tile, astonished at what was taking place. I saw a butterfly, sort of broken. I knew what it was. My ex wife's butterfly hairpiece she wore on our wedding day. I knew where it was. I had stuck it in a drawer. I'm not sure why. I had to get rid of it, of everything of hers that I had just left around the house as some sort of memorials that somehow weren't occupying my conscious mind.

I looked back at the tile and the catfish face was there again. And then gone. I just sat there in the water letting these feelings wash over me. I was astonished at the effectiveness of uncrossing. I sat up and pulled the drain and at that exact moment the candle wick burned out. Ritual done.

Even as I dried myself off, I was unconsciously not looking at the painting again. Already gone back to not wanting to think about it, look at it, or touch it. I was shocked at how completely different my state of mind and emotional state had been in the water. Regardless - I'm gathering those things up and getting rid of them. I've 6 more days of this ritual to go, and was blown away by tonight. Before typing this, I just sat staring at the computer, lost in reflection and astonishment.



Uncrossing Bath Mix

Epsom Salt
Bay
Vervain
Rue
Hyssop
Rose petals
Lavender
Dragons blood




No comments:

Post a Comment