Tuesday, January 26, 2016

A Stone For Saturn


























I'm starting to even look like the old man. Kronos-Saturn ate his children. He was afraid of a prophecy that they would overtake him. This would be the reaping of justice for what Kronos had done to his father, but I digress. Rhea slipped Kronos a rock instead of their child Zeus. This got me thinking, in light of Austin Coppock's post, Extracting the Stone.

I've been planning a visit to the Spheres for around a year. As a Capricorn, I plan, and plan, and plan, and then plan some more before taking action. In Ashen Chassan's book, Gateways Through Stone and Circle, the first Sphere visited is Binah. I had planned to follow suit, and issue my complaints of being devoured in every aspect of life. Upon a re-examination of the Kronos myth, I think that perhaps Fr. RO was onto something in his Seven Spheres, starting out to Chesed firstly. Literally loving kindness, gentleness, mercy.

As I look back over the last three years, I realize I HAVE BEEN IN AN INITIATION within the Sphere of Binah. Total life crises at every turn. Complete lack of understanding in the life situations I found myself in. Trauma after trauma. I survived it. I'm no longer wallowing in my own misery. You just have to get over some of the schijt that happens to you in life, or it will kill you. Mourn it, and then you have to move on. Take it from Gatsby's life. She wasn't even worthy of him anyway. Poor bastard. SHE WASN'T WORTHY OF HIM! And look what he gets for all his effort. No sir. Get your arse out of the past. Pick one foot up and put it in front of the other. Or just lay down and die an overly-dramatic and agonizingly slow death filled with chemical dependence and complete and utter misery. Your choice. Nobody will make it for you.

I'm not completely decided on my plan of action, but things are coming to a head quickly. I may stop by Binah and say, "Did you worst, and here I stand." That might not be wise though. I've spent the last year or so learning much, contacting a few spirits, and proving to them I'm not a drunken sot. Ancestor work really kicked things off for me in a big way, and I'm currently memorizing the Bornless Ritual. It would be nice to have K&C / HGA before I set out to the Spheres. I also have been doing tons of divination work with tarot and geomancy. I believe divination is so essential to any practice, as you are not so much in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment