Saturday, November 28, 2015

Anger and Spontaneous Projection to Geburah

This happened a few years ago, before my studies in the occult had very much depth.

It turned out to be one of the most enduring visions I've had on the astral as of yet. It came after I had this big fight with my ex, who is a Scorpio, ruled by Mars. I was steaming, furious - I went and laid down, on her bed, and put on this Tibetan Singing Bowl video from Youtube. It was one of the more eerie of Brian Green's. I'll link it below. The mixture of tones immediately struck me in a peculiar way. I can describe them as quite Cthonian, evoking images of long forgotten caves of unimaginable depths....
Suddenly, what's usually just the dark void with strange colors behind my eyelids began to take forms. Then a landscape appeared.

I was walking upon the pale blonde sands of an alien world. The light of their sun was crimson. I came to a dead city, the imposing architecture stirring within me reverence. I stood outside an edifice and stared up at it. This place had not been inhabited for millennia, yet there was this sense of it being filled with the spirits of those people who were before history - very present, very powerful. The sense of it's ancientness was staggering.

Now that I've had time to reflect on things, I believe that I visited the astral sphere of Geburah. The planet associated with this Sephira is Mars. My temperament, the redness of the landscape, the dryness. It was very much a Martian landscape.

I read somewhere where Geburah is the sphere where time comes into being. Gareth Knight, in "A Practical Guide to Qabalistic Symbolism", said that, "It is very easy to regard Geburah solely as a violent, intensely active Sephira, but it achieves its effects also by the slow wearing away of accretions over a great length of time.  This aspect is shown by the symbol of the Chain, but a more accurate example of the process may be found in water, which, dripping on a stone for many years will wear a hole through it, or which will round off a sharp rock into perfect smoothness after long immersion. Thus we have, on this Path, in the one case, stability necessary to reflect the higher worlds without distortion; and in the other case, stability of effort over countless eons of time."

Knight was elaborating on the 23rd Path: Hod — Geburah. There is nothing that would better describe what I beheld as this:  "...the slow wearing away of accretions over a great length of time." "...stability of effort over countless eons of time."
 



No comments:

Post a Comment