Saturday, August 27, 2011

Dream: The Storm 8/27/11

I slept tremendously late, acquiring a total of 12 hours sleep.  I awoke around 2:30 PM fresh from a dream.  This morning, Hurricane Irene made landfall Cape Lookout, NC.  I live in Asheville, NC.

In my dream I was at a large apartment building in downtown Asheville.  I was at a dinner-party, or a family get-together which was being held on the apartment grounds, outside, in the sunshine.  I didn't know most of the people.  I felt they were uncomfortable with me.  The seemed to be different - different in the way some people are that are from the more rural parts of the mountains.  They seemed distrusting of me, and even of their situation.



I wandered away from the crowd and went inside the apartment building.  There was a spacious living room with large windows overlooking the city.  I gazed up into the sky.  It was a tremendously warm bright sunshiny day.  As I gazed up into the clouds, I was alarmed by the sudden appearance of a small dark cloud.  The cloud immediately took humanoid shape.  It was the shape of a dark angel, complete with wings.  It seems it had a sword, and was standing with its arms spread.  Suddenly, in an instant the dark cloud exploded - out from it poured forth a terrible storm.  The entire sky was covered in a blanket of darkness in the blink of an eye.



Suddenly, as I stood in the apartment before the window, all was sunshine again.  I was gazing again at a beautiful day.  I realized that I had had a precognitive vision.  I knew for a fact that the storm would come.  I ran outside to the people that I had been eating with.  I believe they are my adopted family, somehow.  I motioned wildly, yelling, "Everyone needs to get inside!  A terrible storm of devastation is coming!  I mean it!".  Women argued with me, men looked strangely at me.  "Everyone inside this instant!  I don't care what you think, just get inside, right now!"

Back inside the apartment, I gazed again outside of the window, up at the clouds.  It was still a beautiful blue, with single puffs of clouds here and there.  The city below was flourishing.  I looked again towards the sky for the dark cloud figure.  And it came.  I could see the dark angel cloud pacing back and forth, as if waiting for something.  And then it happened.  Out from that darkness, darkness perpetuated.  An immense storm rolled over the land in an instant.  I saw lighting within the rolling clouds, which threw itself with violent force upon the land.  Everyone was now frightened, including myself.  There was a terrible noise which covered the land, audible even over the wind, the thunder, the multitudinous crashings.  It was a pulsing drone which would rise and fade, rise and fade.  I remember asking someone in the apartment "What is that terrible noise?"



I logged on to facebook and the first thing I saw on my news-feed was this:
Tosha:  My son slept late today.  When he awoke he told me he had a dream that he went to the kitchen window.  It was sun-shining outside and suddenly out of nowhere there came a great wind and a dark cloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment